Based in London, UK
August 27th, 2019
KNIGHTS AND BIKES is a hand-painted action-adventure for 1 or 2 players, set on on British island in the 1980s. It's a coming-of-age story starring Nessa & Demelza, exploring the coasts of Penfurzy on their trusty bikes, looking for a legendary lost treasure in a Goonies-inspired tale of excitement, danger, fun and friendship.
The two new friends, along with their pet-goose and the pickled-head of an undead knight, form the Penfurzy Rebel Bicycle Club, and are ready for anything this adventure throws at them. They pedal into danger to face threats head-on with frisbees, water-balloons, video game controllers and the powerful beats of an amplified boom-box.
Along the way they'll stuff their pockets with trinkets and barter for bike upgrades, spurring them onwards down the island's country lanes, windswept beaches, deep forests, modern attractions and ancient ruins.
Together their friendship will create an adventure as big as their imaginations.
- Best friends forever! Play single-player with an AI companion, couch co-op or online co-op.
- Solve puzzles and deal with enemies using your improvised abilities! These include: frisbees, water-balloons, puddle-stomping welly boots, and a powerful boom-box stereo.
- Work together! Both characters have different skills so you'll want to experiment with how they combine in order to succeed.
- Explore the island! Seek out its modern tourist-attractions and ancient ruins, both on foot and on your customised bikes.
- Discover treasure! Ranging from trinkets like broken action-figures and animal skulls, to the legendary riches rumoured to be hidden on the island.
- Upgrade your bikes! Barter with adults (offload your junk) so you can personalise your bikes, unlock extra abilities or at the very least: get those training-wheels removed!
- Tend to your pet goose! Captain Honkers has a keen nose-beak and can help you find what you need, if you keep him fed and happy.
E3 2018 Trailer YouTube
Announce Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
About Foam Sword
A little game company by Rex Crowle (Tearaway, LittleBigPlanet) and Moo Yu (LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet & Clank), dedicated to making games about fun, friends, and imagination.
More information on Foam Sword, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Knights and Bikes Credits
Artist, Foam Sword
Programmer, Foam Sword
Sound Designer, AudBod