Based in London, UK
Knights and Bikes is a hand-painted action-adventure set on a fictional British island in the late 1980s.
Players will take on the roles of Nessa & Demelza to explore an island with their bikes. They’ll uncover treasure, mystery and trouble. This leads to them ultimately attempting to steer the ancient island away from modern ruin.
They’ll be pedalling into danger, facing threat head-on with frisbees, water-balloons, puddle-stomping, and whatever other kid-like schemes that players can improvise.
Each islander that Nessa & Demelza rescue passes on new abilities, allowing them to do more and travel further. So as they face-up to the adult world, its their ingenuity, friendship, and wide-eyed-wonder that guides the adventure.
Knights and Bikes is designed for one or two players (playing locally or online) and was funded successfully via Kickstarter in March 2016. It will be published by Double Fine Presents.
We've been inspired by games like Earthbound and Secret of Mana and films such as The Goonies and ET to create Knights and Bikes. But those inspirations have been the starting-point to then combine with our own childhood memories, and a fair few years of experience making games.
We want to create a great adventure about a gang of kids who are driven by imagination and curiosity, and bound together by friendship as they try and make sense of the adult world around them. As an extension to that, we are building the game for co-op play, so players can have those same experiences together, making sense of a world and joining forces to help each other through it.
- Local or Online Co-Op - Play through the game with AI helpers, or with friends controlling the other characters in your party.
- Explore - Jump on your bikes and explore the island following the ever trusty beak of Captain Honkers, your pet goose.
- Treasure - Trade collected treasure to upgrade your bike and acquire new abilities.
- Quests - Prove yourselves worthy saviours of the island by rescuing loved ones, finding ancient relics, and solving mysteries.
- Battle - Fight like kids do - use your ingenuity to splash enemies with mud, swerve a Frisbee past their shields, hack video game hardware to use against them, or make a fast getaway on your bikes
Logo & Icon
About Foam Sword
A little game company by Rex Crowle (Tearaway, LittleBigPlanet) and Moo Yu (LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet & Clank), dedicated to making games about fun, friends, and imagination.
More information on Foam Sword, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Knights and Bikes Credits
Artist, Foam Sword
Programmer, Foam Sword
Sound Designer, AudBod